Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My 30th Birthday tomorrow PARTY!!

Well tomorrow is a big day for me I turn 30 yep that's right 30! I am excited. I had a friend tell me that I was going to cry on my 30th birthday. Today I feel thankful that most likely I will see my birthday and I am over joyed that I have lived through so much and continue explore what life has to offer. No tears today. I am also so happy that my new house mates are going to bake me a strawberry cake yummy! I am also going out to diner with them. I don't know where? I am so very happy that my aunt Valerie will be flying down tomorrow to spend some time with me in celebration and catching up. I really do miss so many people right now and wish I could be celebrating either in FL or up north in Boston at EDS with great friends. I am so grateful for being able to have lived in community throughout my life with so many kinds of people. I can't wait for what the next ten years and what God will make manifest in my life. We all go through heart ache, pain, loss, grief yet it's the times of joy and laughter those moments that connect us to the deeply felt audience of God. God is with us in our tragedies yet life is a celebration. I decide to take a positive attitude about aging...it happens...I cam so tiered of women kicking the crap out of their self-esteems to look like flipping Barbee, hello people she is a plastic doll with an ill proportion body. This journey continues to be looking within to the deep part of the soul and letting the love of God be my spirit Cosmo! The Madonna de Guadalupe is my Cosmo girl! Mother Teresa you name the ladies of faith and they are truly of pure beauty. I can only aspire to drop the superficial and embrace the real the raw of beauty. I say to myself Welcome to 30!! I love what God created in you !!!
Thank you for your prayers of love and support you all are with me tomorrow as I celebrate my 30th in Honduras ROCK ON !!!
Paz de Dios ....join the Fiesta !!!
Val

2 comments:

lovelyrita913 said...

Happy birthday!!! Te amo!!

Sarah SSM said...

Happy late birthday, Val!

I hope it was a good one.

Life continues to be a little crazy at EDS - you know how it is toward midterm and with field ed!

Blessings on your ministry. Take care.

Sarah SSM