Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Culture Shock 101

Well the other night at dinner I had a surprise in my meal a pair of chicken feet...yes, that's right chicken feet. I guess this is something many Hondurans enjoy. I asked some of the girl if they would like my two chicken feet to eat and they gladly took them off my plate. I reached down with my hands to pass the little chicken feet and chills ran down my spine due to fright not love. However, I smiled and passed those feet onward to a happy camper. I am ready to call Vegetarian International and get myself set up back to being a vegetarian. No really I am...gosh some tofu sounds great to me right now. Yet, I hate to be too rude I had to draw the line of exploration when it came to the chicken feet. I am a woman who will try anything once yet not feet yuck! Other wise the meals have been great. I am having a better week. Today the principle and I have been working on how to improve the chapel service so that it can be a more likable experience for all. I am open to any growth at this point and I hope to always be open to growth in the future as a minister. Thank you agian everyone for all your prayers and thoughts. I pray for all of you as well.
Paz de Dios,
Valerie Miller

2 comments:

lovelyrita913 said...

Love youuuuuuuuuu. Los pies de pollo no suenan tan buenos!! hahaha. Espero que todo este bien.... llamame cuando tengas timepo - lo siento sobre la ultima vez!!! NO podia oirte. Adios chica besos!!!

revvalmiller said...

Gracias mi prima te amo...basos