Monday, September 8, 2008

Needing some grace for a moment

Wow, I have not written in a while yet much has been going on. The last week I got a treat of getting to know my fellow faculty at Holy Family better. We had a gathering at a lake called La Gloria. It was so breath taking to see its beauty. There was a rickety old bridge over the lake. I walked across it enjoying every moment of peace. I looked out upon the mountains falling into the lake with the authority of creator. I sat by the pool conversing, in my Spanglish, with a gentleman and his baby boy Douglas who was all grins and dimples. Little Douglas put a smile on my face all day. I am glad I held this experience in mind because I had a harder day with my students today. I am searching for a better way to teach the bible. Yet once I quiz the students on what we have read they are biblical wizards...??? I guess they do listen more than I realize. I am starting to see that there needs to be a balance between my American ideals of the classroom. I also have to keep reminding myself that teaching has never been my real gift being a pastor ,others have seen in me as my gift, hence God calling me to be a priest. I keep believing that God has a bigger plan when it comes to my students and myself studying the wisdom of the bible together. So I am keeping my thinking cap on tightly...any suggestions out there??? Blessings of Peace and Love, Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!
The Rev. Valerie Miller

No comments: