Monday, September 1, 2008

A Peaceful Rest Within

I have written before of the struggle of fully settling into my life here in Honduras. I am each day awakening to new discoveries of self and most importantly culture. I again am learning that in Honduran culture it's common for children to talk about class information as the teacher is talking to the class. I am trying to be open to this new way of being a teacher. It's hard work..! I think in time this will works itself out yet not without some effort on my part. I really enjoy what I am teaching and my students are smart, funny, sweethearts, yet the older ones are teenagers...not my cup of tea however I have a feeling they will teach me about life. I am making some changes such as, I will no longer be having religion class in the chapel. I think it would be better to have a more familiar setting such as a classroom. I really want the students to dig deep into the bible into the rich soil of wisdom. I am also thankful that I will be given more time to prep for classes and chapel as well. I am really wanting the Lord to set a fire of inspiration in worship for the students. I am only a teacher God is the true one of wisdom and grace. I am a vessel as a priest, teacher, and mentor...Oh, my prayer continues to be that I may be open to all that awaits me and grow, grow, grow into what God wants and needs me to be...myself..yet open to the EVOLUTION OF LIFE!!! -Amen

No comments: