Thursday, September 18, 2008

Poem: Quiet Is This Night


Quiet Is This Night
Quiet is this night.
Sitting in the light of nothing.
The willows dance in my spirit.
You are silent Lord with space unknown.
Cradle me Holy Spirit in the Shadow of self.
It is the whispers that are so loud in my soul.
The time alone is solemn in it's newness.
A language known yet foreign tosses me about.
My head longs to take in each word like honey from a pot.
My roots keep me strong with a new people a new land.
My ancestors reach out to me calling me home again.
Celtic roots are my trunk as I branch out to the quietness of silent space.
No material things are ever needed for the feeling is real.
The feelings are real as each breath I breathe in a place of healing.
The quietness kills the demons with the help of my Lord God.
The Lord God who never leaves this woman...this woman once more.
The evolution has started..this is my life the evolution of lovers who have come and gone.
The evolution of the quiet, once a scared woman in her cocoon.
I am always a larva, a butterfly I am in the quiet with God, Amen
- By: The Rev. Valerie Miller 9/18/08

1 comment:

"Fr. Paul" Bresnahan said...

Your poetry is a light upon your path and mine.
Thank you so much for being a ray of light in a dark world.
Paul