Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Eucharist Rocked !

Yesterday I had the honor to be a vessel of Holy Eucharist at Holy Family School. I was so excited. My children's sermon went well also. I am hoping that next week I can form a kid friendly worship with Communion. The teachers and students had no papers to follow the service so each prayer I chose carefully and had everyone repeat the prayers together. The service had some type of order thanks to the BCP Book of Common Prayer even in the middle of chaos, Thanks Be to God. I see that I have a path ahead of me in being a vessel in guiding children to a greater knowledge of our Lord. The students are being my teachers as well in being who God created them to be. I keep smiling, laughing and trying to be still. Being still seems to be the most difficult for me. Yet, where I am in Honduras life has presented this evolution of slowing way way way down and being with self and with community. American life is way too fast. I don't know what to do with all this room to breathe, think and truly feel everything. Yet, I know it's what God has called me to. I am staying open to the experience. I am realizing the urgency of finding a spiritual director. It has been two weeks and I continue to speak Spanish out side the school. I hope to start classes soon. I am going to try to go over vocab tonight. Peace Be Upon You all ...Blessings of Love and Peace, The Rev. Valerie Miller

No comments: