Friday, August 15, 2008

Estoy Aqui

Yesterday night I arrived in Honduras around 8 o clock US time. I was greeted by all the volunteers from Our Little Roses Ministries. It was wonderful to see all their smiling faces greeting me. I has a warm welcome indeed. I got settled in after watching TV with some of the other teachers/voluteers. I made sure all my stuff was put in its place and well orgainized. So of you that know me from seminary would be rather surprised. at the orgainzation by the normal shape my room was always in. I have managed to achive a clean room thus far , however the real question is can I keep it that way? I fell asleep fast and slept like a baby in a place I feel I have known forever. I woke up this morning around 7 Honduran time so in US time I slept in, good for me I needed some rest. Today I got the honor of spending quality time with many of girls at Our Little Roses. I really started to use may Spanish in converstation with many of the girls. I am really excited about teaching some of the girls and learning more about who each girl is and how God has gifted all of them. I got to watch a soccer game this afternoon where the older girls creamed the boys from a local school....VAMOS CHICAS !!!!! (GO GIRLS!) I am glad I am open to laughing at myself because I think the girls get humor already out of my attempts of Spanish. I have been practicing my out of my Spanish Book of Common Prayer. I realize after the second or third time if I go as slow as turtle I can sound like I was born in Honduras and have been speeking Spanish fluently my whole life. Yet, if I want to keep the attention of boys and girls ranging from five year olds on up I better speed it up a bit. Yet, pracitce make perfecto so I have heared. I even went to the grocery store and purchased items and even asked two people where the water was and then the ham with out being misunderstood GRACIAS DIOS ! I know this is going to be awesome. I must breathe & believe and be me.
The shell must break before the bird can fly...help me God to be open to what awaits me, humbal me in placing my trust in all your ways. Amen
Paz de Dios,
Valerie

No comments: