Sunday, August 17, 2008

An observant Sundy

I went to church with the girls today to the cathederal. It was wonderful worshiping in Spanish. I felt right at home with the service. It was a blessing getting a chance to see the girls sing their hearts out with the hymms. On the way home on the bus I only chated some with the girls sitting next to me. I mostly watched the girls in conversation and play on the bus. We had lunch after we arrived at the home. I made sure I took good care of myself today and I just got done taking a nap. At the volunteer house we have a group meeting and dinner to discuss how living together in a community will flow throughout the year. I am hoping to take Spanish classes soon in order to learn more Spanish as I continue speaking it with the girls and other Hondurans. I really know that this is where I am meant to start my ministry. Today during the Eucharist at the cathederal Buien Pastral I started to cry twice. I am realizing once agian that this was a big leap of faith yet a leap that had to happen and only my the grace of God it did.
Paz de Dios,
Valerie

No comments: