Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Preporation por mis clases praximo semana

Today I finally got in the chaple. Wow, it's so beautiful I was in total awe. There was a humbleness and an honor in knowing that I will be the care taker of the chaple and priest in charge of worship. I got right to work looking through old boxes full of ancient stoles that smelled like my grandmothers house in South Carolina. I reorganized everything. Placing all the laturgical garb with its matching laturgical colors in a cabinant. I cleaned out votive candles replacing them with new ones. I was glad to discover a guitar, too bad I can't play to save my life. I started organizing chairs in perfect order behind the pews. Now I can respect the wisdom of my laturgics professor The Rev. Rick McCall of EDS we so often found him rearanging the chairs in chaple, now I know why. Thank you Rick ! I found the most beautiful chasiable with the famous print of two hands exchanging flowers. I will be sure to wear that next Wednesday when I celibrate my first mass at Holy Family with the students. I made sure all the BCP (Books of Common Prayer) were in order. Now, I am in the process of preparing for my religion classees grades k-9. I am also the home room teacher for the 5th grade. I have met serval of my 5th graders some of them are at OLR(Our Little Roses). One 5th graders face lit up when she found out that I was her home room teacher. My heart was warmed in that awesome experience. My prayer is that I can be myself and be the best teacher I can. I really want to be a vessel to help the youth grow into faith filled people even in a hurting world. I also hope to start Compline or Completas with the girls from OLR. I start Spanish classes soon and continue to practice eucharistic prayer A in Spanish it's getting better little by little paso y paso , step by step. Gracias Todos,
Thank you everyone,
Valerie

No comments: