Sunday, August 10, 2008

Voy a Honduras 4 dias mas

Today, I spoke at St. Philip's Episcopal Church in Coral Gables FL in both the English and Spanish services. I am very excited about what awaits me in the future. I know that the Lord has always been with me through out my life...so God is opening up doors that I will enter into and never be the same. The verse in a hymn I of course can't remember the title of goes something like this.."If I call upon your name will you follow me and never be the same." Oh, how this verse is speaking to my whole being right now.
I can say I have no reservations about what I am about to do because God's soft voice has been pushing me forward over many years resting in my dreams. It was in 2000 that I first visited Honduras at twenty years old with St. Hilary's Episcopal Church youth group from Fort Myers FL (GO CRADLE CHURCH !) It was this visit that God spoke to me letting me know that I would be returning some day to be a part of missionary work in Honduras for some length of time. I remember before this trip telling my family that I knew that this particular trip would change my life forever. Here I am today a newly ordained priest, I am still in awe with the feeling of jumping into the Lord's arms, I know God will catch me..so that I may do the work God has called me to.
I will be teaching Christian formation at Holy Family grades K-12. I also will be the chaplain for Our Little Roses Home for Girls. OLR is a place where girls of all ages are able to grow into empowered women. I am so excited that God has placed me as one vessel of many teachers & staff to be a part of this awesome mission of hope.
I am opening a new door yet I charish the one I walked out of....I will hold all my friends, family, ( San Lucas, St. Gregory's, St.Philip's, St. Hilary's )and the support of so many..in my heart and soul. I hope this blog can be one filled with my prayers and yours as well. I would not be where I am today without my God given angels in my life that have always reminded me how to fly...whenever I thought I could not...Thank You, Muchas Gracias Todos!
Peace & Love,
Rev. Val Miller

No comments: