Monday, August 11, 2008

Tres Dias Mas

Well, I got some time to spare this morning to write. I have about ten million things on my mind right now! I know for sure I have to start packing my things for example, I am placing my clothes from a larger suitcase to a smaller bag for my trip to Honduras. I want a lighter load. I think there is some kind of metaphor in that last statement. I have a deep suspicion that I will be lightning my load on many things known and unknown that hold me from the growth God is calling me towards.
Right now I am also thinking about the wonderful YASC (young adult service core) missionaries and non Youth yet Adult missionaries that I got to know at the start of June for our two week World Mission Conference. I know I have been a snail about getting all the details in order with the trip...sorry...! All of you are in my prayers as your journeys have started or are starting...blessings be upon you.
I spoke with a friend of mine that is so excited about my going to Honduras. We will have lunch on Wednesday to catch up on each of our summer experiences and the work we will be involved with in ministry this year. Wow, I am realizing how vital good friends really are, the support is needed. It has been wonderful catching up with friends while I have been FL and converstations with friends else where. (thanks for listening to what's been on my heart)
I want to take this time also to apologize for not including Church of the Good Shepard in my list of parishes that have lifted me up in my ministry formation, please know that I Cherish the growth and love that is present at CGS!!!
Thank you again friends & family in Christ Jesus ( & other awesome faith traditions),
Rev. Val Miller

No comments: